Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WiP #3

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Sorry for not posting last week.  My family and I were across the country attending a wedding and even though I thought I'd be able to get a post put together it just didn't happen.  


Completed Projects:
The practice items and some of the gifts I've been working on were place-mats.  Hubby, kiddo and I stayed with an incredibly kind and generous friend that we knew from the internet, but this was our first time meeting her and her family in real life.  To thank her for opening her home to us we (because it wouldn't have gotten done without hubby) made a set of eight place-mats for her and her family.  Ignore the wrinkles, they were folded on the trip across country. :)




We also made fat quarter totes using this tutorial (with some alterations, I'll post about that later).  The totes were for her little girls, the baby sitter (the daughter of another friend I'd met via the internet) with the leftovers going to other people who had traveled for the wedding. (A previous week's completion, I can show photos now though!) 




I got my mending done.  No pictures, not really exciting, but it needed to be done!


I also got shopping done for fabric!  
The first thing is the fabric for a rainbow charm square swap hosted by Jennifer of Ellison Lane Quilts.  My assigned color was red.  Hopefully my swap partners will be happy with the fabric.

Rainbow Charm Swap


Other fabric shopping was for the Skill Builder quilt-a-long.  So excited to be starting this!

BWS tips button

In Progress: 
Gift Project #3
Still working on Gift Project #3, another set of place-mats.  These are going to the newly weds from the wedding we attended last week.  Good thing they're understanding!


I'm also working on the first block for the Skill Builder quilt-a-long...trying to narrow down which fabrics I'm going to use!


Coming Soon:
Block 2 of the Skill Builder QAL. 

On Hold:
My mom's jewelry keeper (Christmas gift)
stacked coin throw quilt

WiP Recap:
Last week's total: 6
Finished this (2) week(s): 3
New this week: 2
This week's total: 5

Until later!

4 comments:

Amy said...

How nice! the placemats are very pretty. and the bags are darling.

Jenniffier said...

Oh what a lovely stack of fabric.

Melinda said...

There really are some lovely people out there! Love your placemats and totes! Can't wait to see what your LC block for SBS!

Leanne said...

Nice work! It is so nice to give handmade gifts.